Get Honey for FREE and start saving money today ▸ https://joinhoney.com/moriah Its 10 million members save an average of $28.61 on stores like Amazon, Michael’s, and Forever21. Thanks Honey for sponsoring today’s video!
Heya guys! Here's another episode of squishy makeovers....can't believe I've done 13 of these and I'm still obsessed. GEEZE! But yes, I am still moving in and settling in my new house (hence posting this a day late), but I was able to find enough time to do a squishy makeover this week as well. ANNNNDDD I'm tired now because I've barely slept hahaha Byeeeee Zzzzz
1. CAN I SEND YOU SQUISHIES? So many generous people have sent me their unwanted squishies so I actually have a lot to work on already, BUT if you really want to, you can request my mailing address (more info at bottom of description).
2. ARE SQUISHIES RETURNED TO THE SENDERS AFTER THE MAKEOVER? No. Everyone gave me these squishies as donations to the series because they were no longer wanted. Everyone has been informed in advance that squishies would not be returned. It would be completely impossible for me financially to send back squishies. Just to RECEIVE these squishies costs me hundreds of dollars (I have to pay for P.O. box fees) There are MANY other reasons as well, I explained it in this video if you want to know the full list of reasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKYCV ...
3. WHAT PAINT DO YOU USE? I use fabric paint. Fabric paint is meant to stretch, so it is perfect for squishing! Any brand will work fine, but I mainly use Tulip and Scribbles. You can find it at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore, Walmart, Joann Fabrics, and Online.
5. WILL FABRIC PAINT CRACK? The matte fabric paint is more likely to crack after lots of squishing. Slick fabric paints never crack. But there are benefits to both. I usually mix the two paints together to get the best of both worlds.
6. CAN I USE ACRYLIC PAINT ON SQUISHIES? I would not recommend that. Acrylic paint will either make the squishy hard, or it will crack and flake off.
8. CAN YOU DO MORE SQUISHIES IN EACH VIDEO OR DO MAKEOVER VIDEOS EVERY WEEK? I wish I could! But these videos take me about 30-50 hours to film and edit (not including waiting for the paint to dry or any breaks). And usually about 8 days of working on it. So it’s not really possible to do these any more than I am already doing without lowering the quality. PLUS! I want to keep up with my other art and craft videos as well ☺
9. WHY DO YOU SOMETIMES USE A POPSICLE STICK AND OTHER TIMES USE A PAINTBRUSH TO APPLY PAINT? The “slick” fabric paint has a very thick consistency that does not spread easily with a paint brush. Using a popsicle stick is much easier for this type of paint. BUT the "matte" fabric paint is much thinner, similar consistency to acrylic paint and it can easily be applied with a paintbrush. When you mix the two, you can get away with a paintbrush as well :)
10. WHY DO YOU LIKE RAINBOW SO MUCH? I just like color, and I think rainbows are pretty. There’s really no other reason for my obsession haha
Every Friday at 4:00pm ET: Alternating Squishy Makeovers, Thrift Makeovers, Craft Kit Reviews, Create This Book, Mail Openings and Miscellaneous crafts and DIYs
For sending squishies, Letters, or general fan mail, please contact: [email protected] to request my P.O. box address :) •FOR SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE! Unfortunately I can only respond to a small amount of people each week. This is to make sure that I get a reasonable amount of mail and can feature the maximum amount on camera. I apologize in advance if you do not hear back from me. This email gets SUPER clogged with thousands of messages. SORRY PEEPS!*