Top 12 Big Dog Breeds That Dont Shed (Febuary 2021)
There's no such thing as a fully hypoallergenic dog, but you can still find breeds that don't shed as much and therefore aren't as bad for allergies. In this video, we will introduce about top 12 big dog breeds that don’t shed.
1. The Komondor The Komondor tops the list of big dog breeds that don't shed a lot because of its peculiar coat consisting of long cords, resembling a mop. Although this dog breed doesn’t shed a lot, it requires regular bathe session to keep the coat white. Bathes should be more frequent more than the brushing sessions.
2. Airedale Terrier The Airedale terrier is the biggest of all terriers. It has a double coatthe external coat comprising fuzzy guard hairs and the inner coat comprising silky and soft to touch hairs. Airedale terriers are hypoallergenic. And so if you have been looking for big dog breeds that don't shed a lot for your home. Then here is your perfect match.
3. Saluki An ancient dog breed that has its roots tracing back to the pharaohs of Egypt. This dog breed is slender and often confused with the greyhound. The Saluki is a speed star who can clock 42miles per hour. It’s a dog best suited for people allergic to dog's fur. However, regular grooming sessions are essential.
4. Peruvian Inca Orchid This dog breed can either be longcoated or hairless. And the hairless Peruvian Inca orchids to be precise are classified as big dog breeds that don't shed, fit for people allergic to dogs dander. Overall, the Peruvian Inca Orchid is a low maintenance dog breed that will require less attention from you.
5. Poodle Poodles take the seventh spot as one of the largest dog breeds that don't shed a lot. Besides their curly coat that needs constant care, poodles are loving and affectionate to their caregivers.
6. Irish Water Spaniel
He is more of a water dog tracing back to his history whereby he was used as a helper dog to retrieve a game from the water after being shot. This hound is a perfect add on to any family who needs a comical pet.
7. Giant Schnauzer
The giant schnauzer has a double coat with the inner coat being soft and the outer more fuzzy and wiry. The coat requires regular maintenance either by brushing or regular bathing sessions. Because of its temperaments, this dog breed is a perfect match for skilled dog owners.
8. Bouvier des Flandres This big dog breed has a thick coat that gives it’s an adorable look. Though it’s among the top big dog breeds that don’t shed, this dog will require regular brushing to maintain its coat. It needs regular exercise sessions to clear up any pent up energy.
9. Goldendoodle Breeders have managed to breed a golden retriever and a spoodle to bring up this breed mix, the golden doodle. Goldendoodles are playful and affectionate dogs that will never give you the headache of running a vacuum on your furniture as they shed little.
10. Portuguese water dog However, even with its low shedding attributes, you are not lifted off the responsibility of grooming this dog breed. Regular maintenance of the coat by brushing and bathing session will come in handy in keeping the dander at bay.
11. Belgian Malinois
The Belgian Malinois has an outer long straight coat that's easier to maintain. The Belgian Malinois only require regular grooming session. Thus ensure you maintain its short coat by clipping it twice a year. Also, the bath sessions should be infrequent. Frequent baths may strip off the natural oils on this dog's coat.
12. Black Russian Terrier The Black Russian terrier is among the big dog breeds that don't shed a lot. This is a rare breed dog often referred to as the pearl of Russia. This dog breed has a thick outer and inner coat to protect it from the harsh temperatures of t Russia. Even with its low shedding, regular grooming is paramount.